Notícias do mundo do PI // PI News...
- A Trillion Pieces of Pi in Ivars Peterson's MathTrek
- POETIC LICENCE: Pi calculated to 1.24 trillion digits by Kaleem Omar, Daily Times (Pakistan)
- Boffins find 1.2 trillion pieces of pi (news.com.au)
- A Much Bigger Piece Of Pi (slashdot.org)
- Researchers calculate pi to more than 1 trillion places for world record (SFGate.com)
- A very precise slice of pi (The Japan Times)
- Pi à la Mode - Mathematicians tackle the seeming randomness of pi's digits (Science News)
- Current publisized world record of pi calculation - Frequency distribution of digits up to 1,200,000,000,000-th digit of decimal digit of pi, from Kanada Laboratory (Tokyo, Japan).
Videos sobre o PINa internet encontram-se muitos videos sobre o famoso número PI. O meu favorito de momento é:
Veja uma lista de outros videos aqui
O dia do PI aproxima-se // PI Day is approaching...
- National Pi Day is March 14th (3.14). . See the program for the 2004 celebration , and the S. Francisco Exploratorium PI Page - For 14 years, the S. Francisco Exploratorium has been celebrating Pi Day. The festivities begin at 1:59 PST -
© 1996 The San Francisco Exploratorium and the Coalition for National Pi Day & Local Union #3.14
- Ideas for activities that can be used for Pi Day celebration on March 14 (3.14)
- PI APPROXIMATION DAY "This Pungenday (the 57th of Confusion) is Pi Approximation Day, being on the Aneristic Calendar 22/7" - Pi Approximation Day is on the 22/7 - that is, July 22. For the past few years, people at Chalmers University have celebrated it.
- Pi Approximation Day (March 14) e-cards Pi Approximation Day (March 14) is a day to recognise the importance of our favorite number, Pi [3.1428..]. So, let's lay back and try to memorise the value of Pi giving thought to the marvellous mysteries behind this number. While you are at it, why not celebrate by eating pies [Pi's] and send some Pi greeting cards to your friends? (123Greetings)
Tudo sobre o PI // All about PI
- Páginas sobre Pi (em português)
- Conhecendo melhor PI
- O Fascinante Número PI
- A página do PI
- Números irracionais
- Apresentando o número PI
- Segredos de PI
- Valor de PI
- O Número PI
- PI, o filme - Um gênio da matem‡tica que possui dificuldades de relacionamento com outras pessoas encontra um padr‹o no nœmero pi que permite que se
descubra o que vai ocorrer no futuro. Dirigido por Darren Aronofsky
(Requiem for a dream)
- Conhecendo melhor PI
- Páginas sobre Pi (em espanhol)
- Páginas sobre Pi (em inglês) no Math Forum:
- The Joy of Pi by David Blatner
- The Pi Club
- 9999 the first 9999 digits of Pi.
- The Journal of American Pi the first and only electronic publication dedicated to providing it's subscribers with timely reports
regarding the "current" value of the first 1,000,000 digits of Pi.
- Search In 10 Million Digits of Pi Page This page provides you with a form to scan for an arbitrary decimal pattern in the first 10 million digits of PI.
Pi through the ages
- Yasumasa KANADA's FTP site Computer Centre, University of Tokyo - Latest Record of Yasumasa KANADA
- 6.4 Billion 6,400,000,000,000 digits!
- Pilinks by Antreas P. Hatzipolakis .
- Pi and the Fibonacci Numbers several formulae that use the Fibonacci numbers to compute Pi.
Yahoo Pi Page Index and The
Yahoo Number Page Index
- Dale's Pi page by Dale Winham, a 13 years old. He will be going
into 8th grade in 1997/98 at Edison Middle School, in Sioux Falls,SD.
- Pi: A Source Book - by Lennart Berggren , Jonathan Borwein , and Peter Borwein (eds),Springer-Verlag, New York-Berlin-Heidelberg 1997. "The aim of this book is to provide a complete history of pi from the dawn
of mathematical time to the present."
- Extraordinary Pi Some extraordinary facts about PI, by Nick Johnson-Hill
- The Uselessness of Pi and its irrational friends
Frustra laborant quotquot se calculationibus fatigant pro inventione quadraturae circuli.
(Futile is the labor of those who fatigue themselves with calculations to square the circle).
- Michael Stifel (1544)
- Page Maison de Simon Plouffe (Research Associate at the CECM, Centre for Experimental & Constructive Mathematics, Simon Fraser University, Burnaby BC, CANADA.): ÒI like Pi, numbers, sequences, and data in general.Ó - World record: memorization of the number Pi to 4096 decimals.
- A HyperCard Stack (for Mac) to ear my voice (Simon Plouffe) reciting 100,000 digits of Pi. I copied my voice with digits from 0 to 9 and the program reads a file of 100000 digits. Hours and hours of fun, the folder contains a sound editor for mac that enables you to change the voice (if you do not like mine).
- Olle the
Greatest's Pi Page.
- Elias's Pi Page
includes a link to the sound of
first bits of binary Pi
- Loren Hanson pi page.
- Roy's Pi Page
- David's Pi Page(French)
- page dediée à PI (French)
- Icelandic Pi Page
- Read what
"Bucky" Fuller and his groupies have to say about Pi.
- the irrational numbers page
- Fun with Numbers
- The sci.math FAQ about
Special Numbers, including lots of info about our favorite!
- Pusic's Personal Pi Page.
- An article in Ivar Peterson's Mathland
- The Values of Pi
- The Common Book of Pi
- Earth Mysteries: Notes on Pi
- The Pi
- The Omnipotent Number: Pi!
- Pi in the Sky
- An Essay
- Eureka! It's
calculation of Pi
- A bunch o'
- A Constructable Structure
- What a bunch of
said about Pi in the early 70's.
- A New Formula
for Pi! Now how much would you pay for it? Don't answer yet, because
knowing extra digits can
YOU BIG MONEY!
Computation of Pi to 29,360,000 Decimal Digits Using Borwein's
Quartically Convergent Algorithm.
- The House of
Pi, with another poem about Pi!
Facts about Pi
- Paul's Page o'
Math talks about Pi
- The Pi Page
- Dan's Pi Page
- The Mathematics of
Pi. There's one in every bunch...
On Excercise for computing Pi to N digits. Now I want something that
computes N to Pi digits.
- Fun with Pi!
- The Ultimate Pi Page
- A jaw-dropping
- A gzipped version that has
and 10,000,000 digits!
- Christophe offers
- David gives us
99,999 digits, and
a ton of ego (see the very bottom of the page).
- UCLA offers
- Roy offers
- Here's Pi to
A bunch of places
- Bob gives us
- The class CS 204 at Bucknell University, where they are
this crap, passes in
- Media Art Damage has
- George Lessman has
different flavors you can access: 1,000; 10,000; 100,000 or 1,000,000
- 27 digits
as many digits as you want
- Generate as many digits you want with a Jave Script or a mirror to the above site.
- The first two digits.
- The Miraculous Bailey-Borwein-Plouffe Pi Algorithm
- Images of PI:
- the Music of Pi Project Never before Has Pi been expressed with such miraculous rationality....
- The Pi Project
- The first 500,000 digits of PI
- The Order of Pi(e)
- Am I in Pi? Where is your Birthday in PI?
- Loren's 3.14159265358979323...
- Pi and Other Constants
- Pi-R-Squared and the Pythagoreans
- Approximation of PI
- Formulae for Pi
- Is Pi normal?
- Comments on The Uselessness of Pi
- 10,000 Digits of Pi
- The Sound of Pi
- Otanoshimi Page -Pi- Ficheiros com os dígitos de PI até 400 milhões, em pacotes de 10 milhões